By joining a co-op preschool you step into a learning community in which both you and your child will grow. Creating wonderful educational memories together will help ensure a lifelong love of learning for your child and give you greater confidence as a parent.
At CHUP we believe that education is a family process.
Children and their parents benefit from our cooperative learning environment. We are a non-profit educational organization designed to provide preschool-age children of all backgrounds with an environment in which they may learn to play well together, acquire good social habits, and be given the opportunity for creative expression through art, music, and play.
CHUP is a cooperative organization, which offers many benefits:
Direct parental involvement – parents have an active role in how the school is organized and maintained.
Children learn in a safe and nurturing environment where they are encouraged at their own level.
Lasting friendships are formed among the children, and among their parents as well.
Experienced certified teachers.
Morning and afternoon classes for children ages three and four.
Led by Mrs. Margaret Hadley, the three’s class provides a smooth transition from home to school and an introduction to group activity. Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays, with morning session (3AM) running from 9:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., and afternoon session (3PM) running from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Group Time (attendance, number concepts, calendar, special helper, weather)
- Free Play (children choose between activities such as play house, puppet theater, blocks, castle climber, slide climber, dress-up, craft of the day, sand table, books, etc.)
- Clean-up Time (children are actively encouraged to assist in putting away playthings
- Group Time (songs, fingerplays, stories, etc.)
- Snack (after supervised hand washing)
- Large Motor Activity (outdoors, if weather permits; if indoors, this calls for marching to music, dancing, using musical instruments, etc.)
Taught by Ms. Beth, this class encourages continued social and emotional development through group participation as children explore the world around them. Classes are held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with morning session (4AM) running from 9:00 a.m. to noon, and afternoon session (4PM) running from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
The typical day for Four’s follows the structure of the Three’s, with additional concepts introduced in literacy, math, Spanish, science, and the introduction to eating a packed lunch away from home.
Currently Accepting Applications for the 2017-2018 School Year
If you have questions, please feel free to contact the 2nd VP of Membership at email@example.com.
Enrollment Dates & Requirements
Open to Returning Families: February 1st.
Open to Public: February 16.
The application period will continue until the class is full. Waiting lists will be started for any class that exceeds 18 for the three year olds, and 22 for the four year olds.
- All children must be at least three or four by December 31st, for the three year-old and four year-old class respectively.
- Cherry Hill United Presbyterian Church and Preschool do not discriminate based on gender, religion, or race.
- Email 2nd VP Enrollment Chair for an application at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete and send with a non-refundable application fee of $45.
- Once your child has been accepted, you will receive a Confirmation Letter and Enrollment Package (see below).
- Complete Enrollment Package entirely prior to the first day of school.
- Attend Orientation Tea at the end of August. Pay Clean-Up Deposit and First/Last Month’s Tuition before or at this meeting.
- Welcome to CHUP Letter
- MDHS (Michigan Department of Human Services) background check for any adult who will work in the classroom. Instructions for how to complete and MDHS Form to bring with you.
- Criminal History Statement
- Health Release Form properly completed to conform to regulations established by the State of Michigan and the CHUP Co-op Preschool.
- State of Michigan Child Information Record
- Photo Waiver
- Teacher Information Sheet
- Appropriate School Dress
- Job Preference Sheet
- Please also include a copy of your child’s birth certificate.